Moz vs SEMrush is an interesting comparison. They are two of the best SEO keyword tools out there. They both have their similarities and differences, strengths and weaknesses.
In this post we’re going to compare SEMrush with Moz and guide you on when to use one over the other.
You can also check out SEMRush review with coupon code here.
Let’s begin with Moz review first.
The most popular feature of Moz are:
- Open Site Explorer (allowing you to identify link building opportunities, research backlinks and anchor text)
- Web Explorer (allowing you to monitor the web for mentions of your brand, product or competitors)
Keywords and Rankings finding how difficult is to rank for certain keywords, check out your rankings, etc.)
- Crawl test (running site audits against your competitors)
When talking about Moz review ,it’s important to highlight the benefits it offers. Moz tools are easy to understand and use. With Moz, you can dig deeper into all kinds of data.
Their open site explorer is great for link auditing and finding building opportunities. Their page crawler is also a great tool for identifying high and low performers.
With Moz you can identify unlinked mentions of your brand and later on easily pitch these sites for a backlink. You can also find broken links and site’s contact information.
Talking about SEO Moz vs SEMrush both tools offer great features.
With Moz, you also SEO recommendations on how to improve your site and you get crawl alerts when new problems accure.
You can also identify crawlability issues such as duplicate content and titles, broken links, missing page elements, and crawl errors
Moz competitor analysis tool helps in analysing its competitors on social channels. With their Follower wonk tool you can easily find and identify influencers on Twitter.
The major drawback for Moz is that is only an SEO tool and it doesn’t provide any data about paid search.
The information that Moz provides can seem cluttered and most packages are really limiting. The price is also higher than the one of SEMrush.
Unfortunately, there is no phone number to call customer support which is a huge drawback.
It differs depending if you want to subscribe for the yearly or the monthly plan.
Moz Analytics has the following 4 plans:
1. Standard – $99/month for the monthly plan and $79/month for the annual one.
This plan includes up to 5 campaigns, tracking of 300 keywords, 250,000 crawled pages and 2 seats.
2. Medium – $149/month for the monthly plan and $119/month for the annual one.
This plan includes up to 10 campaigns, tracking of 750 keywords, 500,000 crawled pages, branded reports and 10 seats.
3. Large – $249/month for the monthly plan and $199/month for the annual one.
This plan includes up to 25 campaigns, tracking of 7,500 keywords, 1,250,000 crawled pages, branded reports and 25 seats.
4. Premium – $599/month for the monthly plan and $479/month for the annual one.
This plan includes up to 100 campaigns, tracking of 1900 keywords, 1,250,000 crawled pages, branded reports and unlimited seats.
In the next section, we’ll be talking about SEMrush, which is among the biggest Moz competitors giving it a tough fight on all fronts.
SEMrush is a popular keyword tool for competitor & keyword research as well as backlink analysis and finding link building opportunities. When talking about the biggest Moz competitors SEMrush is right up there.
In contrast to Moz Analytics, it also covers paid search, display and video advertising.
Check Out : Complete SEMrush Review Here.
Among the most popular features of SEMrush are:
- Keyword research tool (allowing you to find better keywords to target for your organic and paid search campaigns)
- Product listing ads (find and see your competitors’ best performing PLAs)
- Organic search (observe position changes of domains, find new competitors and their best performing keywords)
- Paid search (find new competitors in paid search, identify their ads performance, copies and budget)
- Backlinks analysis (identify links’s geolocation, backlink types, understand referring domains authority and conduct deep backlink analysis)
Talking about SEMrush benefits ,it is particularly strong on keyword research and PPC monitoring, something that Moz does not provide in their analytic tools.
You can get data about display advertising and product listing ads which is great if you’re running an eCommerce store.
Their database is updated very frequently which allows you to get real accurate data.
It lacks competitor social media analysis and you can’t track brand mentions over the web.
Also, you don’t have so sophisticated recommendations on how to improve your on-site optimization to rank for search engines.
Now let me answer the most sought after question… how much does SEMrush cost ?
SEMrush pricing differs depending if you want to subscribe for the SEMrush monthly pricing or annual plans.
SEMrush cost is as follows:
1. Pro – $99.95/month for the monthly plan or $83.28/month *12 for the annual one.
This plan includes 10K results per report, 3,000 reports per day, 5 projects, 500 keywords to track, 100,000 pages to crawl and 5 scheduled pdf reports.
2. Guru – $199.95/month for the monthly plan or $166.62 * 12 for the annual one.
This plan includes 30K results per report, 5,000 reports per day, 50 projects, 1500 keywords to track, 300,000 pages to crawl, 20 scheduled pdf reports, branded reports and SEMrush historical data
3. Business – SEMrush monthly pricing is $399.95 If you’re looking to pay annually one time, $333.28 * 12 is what it charges.
This plan includes 50K results per report, 10,000 reports per day, unlimited projects, 6,000 keywords to track, 300,000 pages to crawl, 20 scheduled pdf reports, branded reports, SEMrush historical data and product listing ads.
Interesting Read : SpyFy Review, Pricing, Coupon & Alternatives
SEMrush Phone Number
SEMrush support can be contacted on the following SEMrush phone number (s).
- North America – +1-800-815-9959 /// Monday through Friday
- Europe – +44 (808) 1642570 /// Monday through Friday
- Australia – +61 (1800) 934242 /// Monday through Friday
Moz Vs SEMrush
So when do we use these tools? Moz or SEMrush
When to use Moz
Moz is great for small business owners and people wanting to improve on-page optimization, local search, find link building opportunities, etc.
When to use SEMrush
If you’re a blogger and you want to crush your competition, we’d recommend using SEMrush.
The same is true if you’re running an ecommerce store and investing in AdWords.
Moz Vs SEMrush: In Conclusion
Wondering which tool to go with? Moz or SEMrush
Which is easier to use SEMrush or Moz
It might be really hard to choose if you have to pick only one of these tools.
Moz Analytics is great when you’re searching for ways to improve your rankings, working on your on-page optimization, analyzing and finding link building opportunities.
Also Read : iSpionage Vs SpyFu
SEMrush on the other hand expands on with features covering paid search campaigns. It has better keyword analysis tools and allows you to dig deeper into the strategies of your competitors.
Our recommendation is to try both tools and check which one better suits your needs.
Martin Zhel is an inbound marketing expert and Founder of Orior Creative. He specializes in SEO, content marketing & conversion rate optimization.